COVID-19 Red Zone
The Premier and Chief Medical Officer of Health have announced that Zone 3 (Fredericton Region) is moving to the Red Phase of COVID-19 response effective January 20 and implementing stricter controls to contain the virus as quickly as possible.
COVID-19 Recovery Levels Infographic
Government of New Brunswick - January 19 Update
We are seeking clarification from Public Health on operational issues. In the meantime, please note the following information that relates to STU:
- Under the Red Phase, post-secondary education can continue to operate virtually. Given our decision to continue with remote teaching and learning for the second semester of 2020-21, classes will continue online. Any in-person elements of courses will be suspended and students in classes affected by any changes will be notified by their professor.
- Faculty will continue to have access to their offices and are expected to follow COVID-19 protocols.
- The O’Brien Study Hall, Sir James Dunn Hall, and computer labs will remain open with mask and physical distancing rules in place.
- Administrative Offices and Student Service Offices will be closed to the public starting Wednesday, January 20 and providing services online where applicable.
- Employees are asked to check with their Administrative Directors to determine if they are required to be on site Wednesday and moving forward. In situations where employees are able to work productively from home, that will be allowed where operationally feasible.
- Administrative Directors will work with their staff to refine the details of their operations under this new phase.
- The JB O’Keefe Fitness Centre will be closed and varsity sport practices will not take place.