How to Apply
We are so pleased that you are interested in applying to St. Thomas University. Whether you are applying from high school, as a transfer, adult learner, or returning student, our team looks forward to connecting with you throughout the admissions process.
International applicants are able to apply to St. Thomas University through The Common Application.
STEP 1 | Create an Account on the Application Portal
- Visit STU.ca/signup to set up your future student account
- Review our admission requirements by visiting STU.ca/admissions. Click on your home province or country to review a detailed list of our admission requirements.
STEP 2 | Submit Your Application—Admission Opens October 1
- Log in to your account at STU.ca/myaccount
- Click “Start New Application.”
- Submit the required information
- Pay the $55 ($40 for applicants from New Brunswick) non-refundable application fee at the end to complete your application.
STEP 3 | Send Your Official Documents
Canadian High School Applicants
- Please send or have your school send your high school transcript to the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
- In addition to a high school transcript, international applicants whose primary language is not English must also arrange to have an official copy of their English proficiency scores sent directly to the Admissions Office. The St. Thomas University ETS institution code is 0803. International applicants who indicate that they are Permanent Residents must provide a photocopy of their official Permanent Resident cards.
Transfer, Returning, or Senior Applicants
- Have your official transcript(s) from any university you have attended or are currently attending sent to the Admissions Office.
- Transfer students who are in the first term of their university studies and who wish to transfer for the January session of their first year, should also provide a final high school transcript.
- Submit a 1-2 page typed letter describing your educational background, work experience, and academic plans. Mature candidates must also submit academic transcripts (e.g. high school, GED) if applicable.
Once we have received your required documents, your application checklist will be updated within 3-5 business days, and once you have been admitted, you will receive an email prompting you to check your applicant portal to access your official offer of admission and next steps.
Please note that a completed application, application fee, and all supporting documents must be received by the Admissions Office by these deadlines.
Admission for September 2023
Bachelor of Arts - August 31, 2023
Bachelor of Applied Arts - February 15, 2023
Bachelor of Education - January 15, 2023
More information on how to apply to the post-degree Bachelor of Education program can be found here.
Bachelor of Social Work – April 30, 2023
More information on how to apply to the Bachelor of Social Work program can be found here.
Master of Social Work - January 30, 2023
More information on how to apply to the Master of Social Work program can be found here.