Healthy Campus Coordinator
Hi, I'm Brett McCavour, and I'm the Healthy Campus Coordinator at STU!
My goal is help students live happier and healthier lives. It can be hard to find time in a busy student schedule to exercise, eat healthy and get enough sleep but it’s extremely important to take care of our physical health as it directly impacts our mental health and academic success. I provide students with information and tools to help build healthy habits into their busy schedules in hopes to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
Healthy Campus Coordinator Office
- Help students improve their physical health and wellbeing by providing information, resources and programs targeted at physical activity, nutrition, sleep and alcohol and drug use
- Help students build healthy, sustainable habits and healthy coping skills
- Provide individual health coaching and personal training sessions
- Campus recreation such as yoga and dance classes
Why students might use this office
- Find out/ sign up for health-related events and fitness classes
- Learn healthy ways to manage stress and build healthy coping skills
- Receive information around nutrition and strategies for healthy eating
- Resources surrounding safe drug and alcohol use
- Set and achieve realistic health goals through 1-on-1 health coaching and personal training
- Explore ways to get active on campus
Find us on Instagram: @stuhealthycampus
Health Coaching and Personal training
- Health coaching is 1-on-1 client-centered coaching that helps you achieve positive lifestyle changes that matter to you. A health coach will work with you to help identify, track and follow through on sustainable, self-directed wellness goals that align with your personal values. Health coaching offers students an opportunity to talk about health behaviors in a safe and judgment free environment and work collaboratively to develop skills and strategies to create behavior change that will positively impact their health and wellbeing.
- A coach will meet with you to help you decide what you want to change and to work on the skills you will need to be more active, eat better, drink less or reduce/quit smoking. For example, you might work on setting appropriate goals, on improving confidence, or on identifying likely problems and barriers to success. All of your interactions with your health coach are completely confidential.
Learn more or book an appointment: email email@example.com
All Fitness classes are free for STU Students.
What we offer this year
- Yoga- Every Tuesday from 5-6pm in the JBO with the Nest Yoga Studio
- Dance Classes- Every Wednesday from 3-4pm in the JBO with Jungle House Dance Company
Book Now: STU.ca/healthycampusclasses