Apply to be a Tutor
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Peer Tutors must:
• be returning students, preferably in their 3rd or 4th year
• be majoring or honouring in the subject for which they wish to tutor*
• have a minimum A- (3.5 GPA) average in that subject area
• have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• attend mandatory (paid) training sessions
• be endorsed by their department faculty
*Exceptions: Aquinas, Biology, Irish Studies, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Mathematics, and Peace Studies courses. Native speakers of Spanish, French, Italian or Japanese should state their language abilities in their cover letter.
HOURS: Flexible and variable, no more than 10 hours per week. Please note that hours of work cannot be guaranteed for Peer Tutors, as the service is based on student demand, and tutors are paid for hours tutored.
RATE OF PAY: Level 2 ($13.78 per hour) for new tutors
Please be prepared to upload the following documents to your application form:
- a resume
- a cover letter
- screenshot(s) of your unofficial transcript from WebAdvisor
- a spreadsheet of the list of courses you have taken in the area for which you want to tutor.
You can access the spreadsheet here. Please download it, complete it, and attach along with your other documents.