New-to-STU FAQ

Welcome to STU! To help make your transition easier, your Welcome Week team has pulled together some of the most frequently asked (and answered) questions about starting at St. Thomas University.

Look for the Ask Me About STU buttons and posters to find people around campus who can help you along the way.

Where can I get an ID?
If you have submitted a picture and received email confirmation from, you can pick up your new STU UCard when you pick up your Welcome Week kit on Saturday, September 2nd by James Dunn Hall or the Forest Hill Courtyard from 9:00am – 4:00pm.

If you require your UCard before this date or if you are unable to attend the September 2nd event, you can pick up your STU ID card at the UCard Office located in the UNB Student Union Building, Room 106; open Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm (closed 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm).

Whenever picking up an ID card, please bring a government issued photo ID for confirmation.

Where can I get a parking pass?
Parking passes can be purchased at the UNB/STU Campus Security Centre between 8:00 am – 3:30 pm. Their office is located on the lower level of the Wu Centre, which is across the street from Margaret Norrie McCain Hall.

Where can I get a STUgenda?
STUgendas can be picked up at the Help Desk, which is located on the main floor of James Dunn Hall.

Where can I find out about Welcome Week events?
Welcome Week events can be found in a number of places. Students should consult STU’s website,; the Welcome Week Facebook page, Twitter page and Instagram page.
How and when should I pay tuition?
The university will accept cash, cheques, money orders, debit cards, and online banking. Students must arrange their payment by September 15, 2017 with the Financial Services Office, which is in room 103 of George Martin Hall.

Where is the gym?
The J.B. O’Keefe Fitness Centre is located between Vanier Hall and James Dunn Hall.

Where can I find a copy of my schedule?
To find a copy of your schedule, you will need to sign onto WebAdvisor at There, you will be able to find your timetable for first and second semester.

Who do I talk to about my courses?
For help with courses, you should see an academic advisor. They are located in the Registrar’s Office, on the first floor of George Martin Hall, Room 101.

For important academic dates, see the link below:

The 2017-2018 Academic Calendar, which lists all degree and major requirements as well as academic rules and regulations can be found online at:

I don’t know any of my passwords. How do I get them?
If you just need to change your network password, you should go to:

If you've forgotten your network password, but have access to your STU email, you can reset your password at the site.

If you have forgotten your password and cannot access your STU email, you will need to go to the STU ITS Helpdesk in JDH with ID, or contact them at:

They are located on the top floor of Sir James Dunn Hall.

I need to pay my tuition and fees late; how do I do that?
For late payments, you will need to speak with the Financial Services Office in room 103 on the first floor of George Martin Hall. They will have a form that you can fill out to request late payment. September 15, 2017 is the last day to arrange for late payment.

Who do I talk to about scholarships or bursaries?
If you have questions about the application of your scholarship or bursary on your account, see the Registrar’s Office in room 101 of George Martin Hall. For questions about how to obtain a scholarship or bursary, see Trish Murray-Zelmer, our Employment and Financial Aid Coordinator. She is located in room 306 of George Martin Hall.

Where can I find a bank machine?
We have a Bank of Montreal ATM located in James Dunn Hall next to the Help Desk. There is another ATM and a small branch of Bank of Montreal next to the UNB Bookstore.

Where do I sign up for a meal plan?
To sign up for a meal plan, students living on campus must e-mail Residence Life at, and students living off campus must go to the Registrar’s Office in room 101 of George Martin Hall.

For off campus meal plans, students should be going to Aramark directly at the front of the cafeteria, or see Melanie Aubin who is located inside the cafeteria.

Is there a computer lab I can use/where can I print something off?
Yes! There is a computer lab on the top floor of James Dunn Hall. You will be able to print in black and white and colour at this computer lab. Please note you will be given $5.00 of free print credits at the start of every academic year. Once you exhaust your free print credits, you will be able to purchase more at

There are additional computers and printers in the O’Brien Study Hall in Margret McCain Hall.

Who do I talk to if I have special needs/requirements for classes?
You will need to speak to Accessibility Services. This office is located in room 104 on the first floor of George Martin Hall.

Who can I ask questions about residence?
You can ask questions to any of your in-house staff (Residence Advisors, Residence Coordinator), or you can speak with the Residence Life Office. They are located in room 303 of George Martin Hall and can be reached at

How do I go about getting a student job?
To find student jobs at the university, you would speak to Trish Murray-Zelmer, our Employment and Financial Aid Coordinator. She is located in room 306 on the third floor of George Martin Hall. You can also check the Student Employment section on listed under Current Students.
Which buildings are signified by these acronyms?
MMH - Margaret McCain Hall
BMH - Brian Mulroney Hall
GMH - George Martin Hall
JDH - James Dunn Hall
ECH - Edmund Casey Hall
HCH - Holy Cross House
DDH - Donald C. Duffie Hall
HIL - Harriet Irving Library
SUB - Student Union Building
CAF - Cafeteria, can be found in JDH, GMH, and in Rigby Hall on the Forest Hill campus