What is STU Connects?
STU Connects matches alumni with students and recent grads for a career inspiring coffee.
Take an hour every 1-3 months to meet someone new from St. Thomas University, create an opportunity to learn, share and answer questions.
Are you STU Alumni?
Join this network to:
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other STU alumni and faculty based on your industry and interests
As a graduate from St. Thomas University you have valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, it is key for students to receive support and advice from those in industry. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Everyone can improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, STU Connects is an exclusive networking and mentoring platform that introduces you to alumni and students based on specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.
How does STU Connects work?
- You’ll receive a monthly introduction to a student or fellow alumni based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to mentoring and networking
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox, so you don’t need to use another tool!
How do I join?
The easiest and quickest way to gain access is to sign-up using your email address HERE.