Learning in Action
What is Learning in Action?
Learning in Action is the tool that helps students open the door to a world of experiences beyond the classroom. Discover opportunities on campus, in the community-at-large, and beyond. Capture out-of-class experiences in a single place.
It’s all just a click away: Learning in Action
What can Learning in Action do for you?
- Gain hands-on experience in your area of interest
- Apply to hundreds of opportunities in a single place
- Network with community partners
How can Learning in Action benefit you?
- Build connections between the theory of your courses and its application outside the classroom
- Harness your academic experience to make a positive impact in your community
- Learn directly from professionals and experts in your area of interest
- Articulate the skills you have developed from your co-curricular activities
- Develop a stronger sense of what you want out of a career; discover what you are passionate about!
How to use Learning in Action:
- From the Learning in Action homepage, select Students from the menu bar at the top of the page (if you are accessing the site on a mobile device, you can find Students by clicking on the three lines at the top righthand corner of the screen).
- Sign in using your five-letter network name (just the letters, do not add '@stu.ca') and your network password.
- Use the green left-hand navigation bar to browse the site. Consult the following videos and PDF for further details:
- If you haven’t previously registered for an account on Learning in Action, this is your first step. From the Learning in Action homepage, select Employers > Employer Registration from the menu bar at the top of the page. Your registration will be approved in 2-3 business days.
- Once registered on Learning in Action, you will be able to post opportunities. Consult the following resources for further details: Creating an Internship Opportunity (PDF)
Tutorial Video for Employers
How to create an internship opportunity in Learning in Action.