Call for Proposals: 2019 Student Research & Ideas Fair
St. Thomas University students are invited to participate in the 16th Annual Student Research & Ideas Fair by giving a 15-minute paper presentation, a poster presentation, or presenting their work in another medium such as a video broadcast or a podcast. Any and all topics of student research are eligible for inclusion in the Fair.
This annual event provides an opportunity for students to learn what is involved in academic conference participation. The Fair will be held on Friday, March 15, 2019 from 12:00 pm until 4:30 pm. Lunch will be provided.
Students must have a faculty mentor to assist them. Faculty mentors will help students with the choice of research topic, the preparation of the proposal, and their presentation.
Proposals must be submitted by Friday, February 8, 2019 via the following JotForm link HERE
Proposals must include the following information:
- Student’s name, department or program, and year of study
- Contact information (email address)
- Faculty mentor’s name and department or program
- Presentation format and audio-visual requirements
- Title of presentation
- Whether the research project is from an Honours Thesis, Independent Study, Class Project, or Other
- A short abstract (maximum 200 words)
If you have any questions, please contact the Research Office (firstname.lastname@example.org / (506) 452-0647)