University Seeks Nominations for Tom McCann Memorial Trophy
Students, faculty and staff of St. Thomas University are invited to make recommendations of worthy candidates for the Tom McCann Memorial Trophy.
Terms of Reference:
1. The name of the award shall be the Tom McCann Memorial Trophy and is accompanied by a monetary prize of $500.
2. The Trophy honours Thomas Stephen McCann, a student who made an outstanding contribution to the University community before his untimely death on August 10, 1969.
3. The recipient of the Trophy shall be determined by a Selection Committee composed of the President, the Dean of Humanities and of Social Sciences, the Director of Student Services & Residence Life, the Registrar, and one graduating student appointed by the Executive of the Graduating Class.
4. The Award shall be given to a St. Thomas University graduating student who best portrays the spirit of the institution by their contributions to university and student affairs and through their leadership, character, and personality. All nominees should have at least a B average.
5. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to make written nominations which include the reasons why you consider your nominee to be a worthy candidate for consideration by the Committee. Each nomination must be supported by three persons from the St. Thomas community, at least one of which may be a faculty member and at least one must be from a student.
6. The nominees will be contacted, congratulated on the nomination, and asked to submit a resumé.
7. The Award shall be presented at the Graduates’ Dinner on March 22, 2019 by a member of the McCann Family or by the President of the University.
8. Written submissions to be sent to:
Tom McCann Memorial Trophy
c/o Cathy Buck, President’s Executive Assistant
Room 400, McCain Hall