Apply to be a First-Year Experience Leader
The First-Year Experience Program will help welcome new STUdents to our campus community and provide meaningful opportunities for them to connect with one another, upper-year STUdents, as well as faculty and staff.
As upper-year STUdents, you know how exciting and challenging your first few days, weeks, and months of university can be—and we have a way you can help this year’s incoming STUdents get through it.
What is the First-Year Experience Program?
The First-Year Experience Program is a new initiative created for first-year students to experience a sense of belonging within the STU community and connect with peer mentors, faculty and staff, while studying remotely and being away from campus. All first-year students will be placed in smaller groups of 20-25 students. Each group will be led by a Gold and Green Leader, to foster growth, learning and ease of transition for students.
IMPORTANT: Incoming first-year STUdents will hear more about this program in the coming weeks!
Upper-Year STUdent/Leader Positions
Upper-year student leaders will play an integral role in helping first-year students integrate into the STU community seamlessly. The two positions you can apply for are Gold and/or Green Leaders. A very brief summary and responsibilities are:
- Provide overall leadership for a team of first-year students and Green Leader
- Organize and facilitate team and individual meetings
- Develop team synchronous and asynchronous activities
- Support and develop campus-wide synchronous and asynchronous activities
- Liaise with Faculty members
- Approximately 8 hours/week of work
- Level 2 compensation: $13.73/hour
- Support team development efforts of Gold Leader
- Participate in team meetings and facilitate individual meetings
- Support and promote team and campus-wide synchronous and asynchronous activities
- Approximately 4 hours/week of work
- Level 1 compensation: $12.17/hour
Please refer to the job descriptions attached for a detailed explanation of the role and responsibilities.
Application deadline: Monday, August 3 at 11:59PM
- Prepare Resume
- Prepare 3-minute (max) video: Demonstrate how you would introduce and give instructions for a virtual icebreaker to your group.
- Complete Application Form
- Fill out all questions
- Upload files (resume and video) to Application Form
Please note: If you are also interested in applying for both Leader positions, you DO NOT need to fill out a second application form. You need to submit ONE application form for both positions.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Assistant Director Residence Life