Call for Proposals - Student Research and Ideas Fair
St. Thomas students are invited to participate in the 17th Annual Student Research and Ideas Fair by giving a 15-minute paper presentation, a poster presentation, or presenting their work in another medium such as a video broadcast or a podcast. Any and all topics of student research are eligible for inclusion.
This event provides an opportunity for students to learn what is involved in academic conference participation. The fair will be held on Friday, March 13, 2020 from 12:00 pm until 4:30 pm. Lunch will be provided.
Students must have a faculty mentor to assist them. Faculty mentors will help students with the choice of research topic, the preparation of the proposal, and their presentation.
Proposals must be submitted by Friday, February 7, 2020 via this JotForm link
Proposals must include the following information:
- Student’s name, department or program, and year of study
- Contact information (email address)
- Faculty mentor’s name and department or program
- Presentation format and audio-visual requirements
- Title of presentation
- Whether the research project is from an Honours Thesis, Independent Study, Class Project, or Other
- A short abstract (maximum 200 words)
- Confirmation that the faculty mentor has reviewed and approved the abstract
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Research Services at email@example.com