Call for Proposals: Student Research & Ideas Fair 2023
St. Thomas University students are invited to participate in the 19th Annual Student Research & Ideas Fair. This annual event provides an opportunity for students to present the results of a substantive body of independent research, and to learn what is involved in academic conference participation. The Fair will be held in-person on the afternoon of Friday, March 17, 2023. Students may propose an individual 15-minute paper presentation, or a poster presentation on display during the entire event.
Students must have a faculty mentor to assist them. Faculty mentors will help students with the choice of research topic, the preparation of the proposal, and their presentation.
The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, February 21st, 2023, at noon. Proposals must be submitted by following this link) and must include the following information:
- student’s name, department or program, and year of study
- contact information (email address)
- title of presentation
- a short abstract (maximum 200 words)
- faculty mentor’s name and department or program
- presentation format and audio-visual requirements
- whether the research project is from an honours thesis, independent study, class project, or other scholarly activity
For any questions, please contact the Office of Research Services (email@example.com).