Information Technology Services
ITS supports student, faculty, and staff with their IT needs.
For more information, the latest news, or answers to frequently asked questions, please log in to our ITS Intranet.
For Assistance contact the ITS Help Desk:
In person: James Dunn Hall Room 207
September to April: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
May to August: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
5 Tech tips for STUdents
1- Your STU Account – Logging In – Some require full email; some are username only.
- Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org - Use for Email, Moodle & Wi-Fi
- Username – xxxxx - Use for Self-Service, Web Print & Harriot Irving Library
2 - Your STU Account – Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) - Required for all student accounts.
Setup two or more methods to use with MFA:
- Microsoft Authenticator App (required)
- One or more phone numbers to text or call, helpful when your Microsoft Authenticator is not available (e.g., switched to a new phone)
To add additional sign-in methods, sign into your STU Account at office.com then select - View Account > Security Info > Add Sign in Method.
3- Your STU Account – Can’t Access your Account?
- Go to office.com, choose ‘Sign in’ then ‘Can’t access your account’ and follow the instructions.
- You will receive a verification code via the alternate email address (or, in some cases, phone number) you provided when setting up your STU Account. Follow the instructions in this email to complete the password reset.
4 - Wi-Fi – “Eduroam” and “STU Residence”
To connect a laptop or Apple device:
- Select “Eduroam” or “STU Residence” from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Login using your STU email and password.
To connect an Android device, use these settings:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Identity: Enter STU email
- CA Certificate: Do Not Validate
- Domain: stu.ca
- Phase 2 authentication: Mschapv2
- Anonymous identity: Leave it blank.
5- Printing on Campus
You can print black and white and colour from in JDH 201. Additional computers and printers can be found in the Dr. Daniel O’Brien Study Hall in MMH and in the Rotunda in BMH. To print from a personal device, please use webprint.stu.ca
You will be given $5.00 (50 pages) of free print credits at the start of every academic year. Once you exhaust your free print credits, you will be able to purchase more at printcredit.stu.ca
ITS Information for New Students
Your username and password may be found under the “Next Steps” tab on your applicant portal. Please log in at STU.ca/myaccount. Your username and password will be used to log into STU services, including your STU email.