Course Registration Steps
First-year course registration opens Monday, April 8, 2019 at 12:00 pm (AST).
All documents referred to in these steps were sent to accepted students.
1. Check out What to Know Before Registration
- How long will it take to complete my Bachelor of Arts?
- When do semesters start and finish?
- What is a credit hour?
- What do course numbers and sections mean?
Discover the answers to these questions and more!
2. Browse the 2019-2020 Course Offerings
- Browse the entire list of courses available to you as a first-year student.
- Not sure what a particular course might be like? Find out more by reading through the First-Year Course Descriptions.
3. Choose the courses you would like to take
- Choose five courses to take each semester (keep in mind that courses with course numbers that end in 6 are full-year, so you will take that course both semesters).
- Write them down by name, course number, course section, and time offered.
- Tip: begin your list with the courses that interest you most.
4. Build your Semester 1 and Semester 2 Schedule
- See our Sample First-Year Schedule to get an idea of how to use the worksheet.
- Use our First-Year Course Schedule Worksheet to build your first-year schedule.
5. Watch the First-Year Registration WebAdvisor Video
- Follow this step-by-step "how-to" video that will show you exactly how to register for your first-year courses.
6. Log in to WebAdvisor to register for your courses!
7. Review the New Student Technology Guide
- Find out how you will access your STU email account, get on campus WiFi, use Moodle and Library Services, and more.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com