STU Mental Health Society's "Elephant in the Room"
Join the STU Mental Health Society for “Elephant in the Room" on Friday, January 24 at 7:00 pm, Noël Kinsella Auditorium, Margaret McCain Hall.
This event will include seven speakers from the community, who will each speak about a different aspect of mental health.
- David Coon (New Brunswick Green Party Leader of NB & Fredericton MLA): "Improving Mental Healthcare: A Case of Political Will"
- Ceilah Keats (Thomas Keats Organization): "Losing a Loved One to Suicide"
- Allan Duguay (Former Military Police Officer): "The Impact of PTSD on Veterans"
- Delaney Bonvie (Founder & CEO of WPFL): "Life as an Entrepreneur That is Struggling With Mental Illness"
- Ashley Thornton (STU Mental Health Society Founder & Co-President): "The Stigma Around Succeeding With Mental Illness: Living With High-Functioning Mental Illnesses"
- Patrice Cammarano (STU Mental Health Society Founder & Co-President): "How Succeeding as an Athlete Can Harm Your Mental Health"
- Member of STU Mental Health Society: “The Identity of Illness: Living with Comorbid Disorders”
If you are interested in this event, you can access our Facebook event here.