Participate in the NYC Experiential Learning Field Trip
Travel to New York City with STU students and professors from November 12 to 16, 2019.
A schedule will be distributed, but has included walking tours of Greenwich Village, the Brooklyn Bridge, Five-Points, Little Italy/Chinatown, and the “HighLine," visits to major museums, the opportunity to see Ground Zero, and live theatre.
The cost is be $675 (CAD), plus local transit/food/spending money. The $675 includes accommodation, daily breakfast (fruit, bagel, cereal, coffee, juice), return charter coach, and all admissions/fees to mandatory activities (museums, walking tours, theatre, etc).
There is limited space available, so the places will be designated on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, email Professor Tania Breen: email@example.com
Participants must have:
- a valid passport to enter the USA before November 1, 2019 (if you need a VISA to enter the US, you must make this application yourself)
- valid travel health insurance to the USA (STU student health insurance includes this, but you may be covered by a parent’s plan or buy a policy from companies such as Blue Cross or CAA)
- $33 USD to purchase an unlimited Metrocard in NYC for transit
- approximately $20 (USD)/Day: Money to purchase food while on the trip, except for breakfast
- necessary forms (a travel Waiver and a Confidential Medical Information Form) may be picked up from Candace Wilcox at Financial Services, 103 George Martin Hall.
Key Dates for the Field Trip:
To reserve your spot: Deposit: $350 ASAP to Financial Services Office (GMH 103)
Tuesday, October 16: Balance: of $325 is due (Financial Services Office)
Wed, October 23, 4:30pm: Mandatory Information Meeting: (location TBA)
Tuesday, November 12: Depart: 6:30 am SHARP from Vanier/McCain parking lot
TBA: Return to Fredericton arrival time is to be announced.