Cassidy Wilson, MEd, CCC, LCT-C
2SLGBTQIA+ Wellness Coordinator
Cassidy grew up in Calgary, Alberta. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Mount Royal University (2012), and a Master of Education in Counselling from the University of New Brunswick (2020). As the 2SLGBTQIA+ Wellness Coordinator, Cassidy helps support 2SLGBTQIA+ students' academic success through collaboration and advocacy. Cassidy works on anti-oppressive policy development, education outreach, community building, advocacy and more! Students can also reach out to Cassidy to discuss topics including personal wellbeing, self-advocacy, discrimination and/or complaints related to oppressive learning environments, academics, and more!
"I hope to provide students with advocacy and a sense of community through collaboration to help them navigate the academic systems, and advocate for their needs to make their experiences at STU more enriching and inviting."
Other services provided by the 2SLGBTQIA+ Wellness Coordinator:
- Referrals to helpful resources such as counselling, legal supports, systems navigation, and medical services
- Advocacy for academic considerations, financial aid, residence matters, and accessibility needs
- Support navigating services and resources within the college/university and the community
- Educational workshops in response to the needs of students, faculty, and staff
- Community building and collaboration to help build sense of belonging on campuses for 2SLGBTQIA+ students, faculty and staff
Email Cassidy at email@example.com to set up an appointment.