Peer Tutors provide free, online peer-to-peer academic support to all STU students. It matches students who need some support in a course with an upper-level student who is trained for one-on-one tutoring in that subject area.
Using MyWCOnline, and taking advantage of shared audio/video chat, a text bar, and a shared, synchronous whiteboard, Peer Tutors will meet virtually with students to:
- provide support and motivation for online learning
- review class readings and concepts,
- study and organize their class notes,
- complete not-for-credit practice exercises,
- find and evaluate research materials, and/or
- model and teach A-level student academic skills
Book a Peer Tutoring Appointment
Need help in one of your classes? Find a Peer Tutor!
Peer Tutoring FAQs
Have a question about Peer Tutoring? Browse our Frequently Asked Questions!
Apply to be a Tutor
Interested in becoming a Peer Tutor? Find out more and apply here!
Looking to return as a Peer Tutor? Apply here!