Peer Tutoring FAQ
What can a Peer Tutor help me with during a session?
Tutors can help you:
- stay motivated during your online learning journey
- review weekly class readings and concepts,
- study and organize your class notes,
- complete not-for-credit practice exercises,
- find and evaluate research materials
- help you plan to complete class projects
- model and teach A-level student academic skill
- provide motivation and incentive to study each week
Please note that peer tutors cannot help you complete assignments that will be graded by your instructor, nor can they proofread your written assignments. For help with written assignments, please visit the Writing Centre.
Remember, Peer Tutors are helpers, not doers. You are ultimately responsible for your academic performance, and graded assignments.
What should I have prepared for my appointment?
- related course materials (e.g. class notes, textbook, syllabus, handouts),
- questions about specific chapters or concepts from class,
- suggestions for how to spend your time together.
Remember that Peer Tutors are students too, and some may be very busy during certain weeks. Don’t wait until the last minute to seek help! Students who repeatedly miss or cancel appointments with less than 24 hours' notice may have their tutoring privileges revoked.